Monday, February 23, 2009

Depeche Mode, "Wrong"


Hey, you guys like Depeche Mode right? Well, here's the first single from their forthcoming album Sounds of the Universe. Produced by Ben Hillier, who also helmed the delightful return to form that was Playing the Angel way back in 'Ought Five, the track actually makes me think of some of the stuff from Dave Gahan's underrated 2007 solo album Hourglass. It's not knock-me-on-my-ass awesome, but it certainly has that recognizable DM sound and the repetition of the song title throughout actually hearkens back to some of the stuff they were doing circa Some Great Reward. Also, does anyone else really enjoy hearing Martin doing his angelic vocal thing as a counterpoint to Dave's tortured sex lizard wail? I sure do! I'm actually pretty excited for this record now!

Depeche Mode, "Wrong (Radio Edit)"

1 comment:

Robyn GM said...

Thanks for posting! After giving it a few listens, I am really excited for the rest of the album... You are right, it does seem like it is somewhat borrowed from Hourglass, but I think it is a clear demonstration of what Dave Gahan is missing in his solo stuff... Namely: Martin. Wrong sounds like it is solo DG stuff with the foundation that Martin creates.